Welcome to Polnoon Castle Riders’ Association
We are a club of around 70 members based mainly in the Strathaven area although we do keep a connection with East Renfrewshire/North Ayrshire which is where the club started in 1961. The club is affiliated to British Riding Clubs (BRC) which itself is part of the British Horse Society (BHS).
Members range from the serious competitor to the “Happy Hacker” and we run regular events with the aim of providing something for everyone. We like to think we are an innovative club, being one of the first to run Trec competitions for members, and we are always ready to try new competitions or activities. As our Chair, Sheona McNeill says, being a member of Polnoon and riding our horses should, above all, be fun.
If you would like to know more about what we do have a look at the Membership page. We look forward to welcoming you as a member soon.
Throughout the year polnoon run a variety of events including three major shows, schooling and a number of social nights.
Find out more about your hard working committee members.
Polnoon pride themselves in offering competitors of all levels support and encouragement from happy hackers to aspiring eventers.
- Encourage riding as a sport and promote good fellowship amongst riders.
- Improve and maintain the standard of riding and horsemanship.
- Organise instructional meetings, lectures and competitive events and other activities in support of the above objectives.
- Support organisations interested in the breeding and use of all types of horses and ponies.
- Support club members and others in the riding community in pursuing responsible access to the countryside as provided for in the Land Reform (Scotland) Act 2003.
- Concern itself with anything which will benefit the horse and rider in the district. Check out the Flu Vac Checker 2016.
BRC Area 1
Polnoon is part of British Riding Clubs Area 1. The Area 1 web site carries information about training and area competition, including various documents for download. ViewView